Saturday, February 26, 2005

All quiet here in my home

Here it is Saturday night and I am all alone, will not really hubby's upstairs asleep.  He only has less than a week and he will be done.  He's so funny, he talks about how much he hates this job, but yet he says things like, "well, if they gave me a better truck, or if they took the govern off so I could go as fast as I wanted, or you know if they didn't make wait to do my drop off until certain time...blah, blah...blah...I'd stay...I just say NO NO and did you hear me but NO!!!!

Then he thinks he should get a second job at Home Depot...so he then could be gone even more!  I remind him that there is a Harley in garage dying to get out and 2 grandkids we owe some attention...plus camping and blah blah blah...BLAH!

Oh yeah...and NASCAR, and big breakfast the campground...

There's one thing to work and then there's another thing to work and not live.  I promised him I would get a route at work this summer, even if I monitor, that made him happy.

Speaking of grandkids, Dakota who is only 2 months old weighs in at 14 pounds...that's double his birth weight.  His big brother is a big boy...but ish ... what are they feeding that kid!  Mark's ex has the kids most of the time.  She insists on babysitting while their mother works.  So she driver 30 minutes to meet her and picks them up.  Now most people would say "ah isn't that a nice lady", but if you knew the woman you'd know she is just trying to run those kids life.  She planned their wedding, the home, and now she is trying to raise their kids, she ran Jacobs birthday party.  I am sure my daughter in law one day will have her fill and then I want to be the fly on the wall to witness the blast!  Oh well, I'd rather be the grandma, and not the babysitter.

Plus Mark and his ex have 5 kids...too many for her to be able to hog all the future grandkids...Matt will be getting married in July and his finance' really doesn't get along real will with Mark's ex.  She does me so ... grandbaby's here I come.

Speaking of Matt, his house isalmost ready and tomorrow night we are going over to check it out. 

I always wonder why people have to be so narrow minded and such a martyr to have to act the way Mark's ex does.  But as I have always tried to do is just live and let live...as long as Mark's kids treat him well...I am good. 

I've spent most of the evening sending emails to my son.  Tim will be 23 tomorrow....and the tag lounge has sent me some awesome graphics so I have been obnoxious and just piling the emails on...ahhh the beauty of electronics  you can drive your kid nuts with a push of a botton.!! 

Night...all

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have some fun things planned!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose, i read in so many journals about a tag lounge....how do i get to that and get to see some of all the great graphics? I dont understand. I hope you had a good nights rest....i bet you were happy to go upstairs and there is hubby! Sweet dreams!!  
lisa

Anonymous said...

A little time alone is great. I get mine at night when I get home and Hubby is asleep. I do enjoy my time. Yep, I agree with you. I'd rather be a grandmother than a baby sitter. My granddaughters call me Nana. I just don' t like the title grandma for me.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs. R.c.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking the Harley and the grandkids, plus you need his time too! Summer is on the way and wouldn't he feel bad if he was stuck at work. I know I've been trying to figure out a way to cut BACK on work. Just keep dangling all those fun things in front of him!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I like your attitude Rose....why do nothing but work?  Have some fun too!  Now, go out and enjoy that Harley and the grandbabies :-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl