Saturday, February 19, 2005

update

I was just talking to my daughter Liz and it seems her friend Monika's family will be ok.  They are going to sell their house, pay their debt and go their separate ways.  The man in the household is Monika's stepdad.  She has a brother who is his.  It seems they are at least looking out for the children.  Stepdad is from another country, and drinks too much.  As with most households with drinking problems...problems get magnified..and all out of focus.  Drinking becomes the focus and nothing else matters but cleaning up the mess. 

I am hoping that this all turns out which it seems it is...thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

The worlds children are our children and they are our responsiblity...we must see to it they are safe, healthy and most of all LOVED!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that Monika's parents are coming to some sort of understanding. She will continue to be in my prayers. I hope she doesn't move far away from you and your daughter.
God Bless.
TiasNme

Anonymous said...

Keeping that child in my prayers. She's blessed to know you. ALcohol stole my life and the life of my sister and brother, and mother. It's made its way through our entire family. HURTS!   But God is good, and helped me make it to where I am.
*Barb*

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly....each child is my child as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are gonna work out for them. Prayer does work.
Hugs. R.c.

Anonymous said...

I am glad its working out for Monika and her family. You are such a compassionate person. I hope you have had a good weekend!!!!
lisa