Friday, February 18, 2005

finally friday

It's finally Friday!!  Today was a long day in that I haven't been sleeping well, I keep waking up or keep getting woke up by hubby at midnight so he can go to work.  Or maybe I was just ready for it to be Friday!  The kids are beginning to get Spring fever...although the weather says February and the temperature is still brisk...these kids are very antsy.

Mark found out today that he should be going back to his normal job in about a week depending on the weather this weekend.  I am ready for it.  I told him if he EVER complains about his job I get to kick him where it counts...(I was a bit more graphic).  The guy has a tendency to get on a roll and goes on and on and on.

But he has own lessons to learn in this life, I am on the road with him...but I pretty much listen wait for the screaming to stop and then say ok now what?

MEN, gotta love 'em.  Especially our husbands.

I did get my tickets to see Joel Osteen in Chicago in May.  This should be a very exciting event.  Joel is a very moving speaker, very humble, very 'real'.  I am looking forward to it.  I have found it so difficult to find a church that I really can feel at home in.  Even as a child I was on a search...I would go with the neighbor kids, and when we moved when I was 12 I found another family to go with.  My parents weren't real strong church goers...mostly the only holiday type.  But me I knew there was something in those buildings I wanted.

As a teen I went to church 3 times a week...but the message only made me fear God.  I watched people sin in the church and then be asked to leave.  Soon I discovered bars and I too was the sinner.  So I figured what the heck...I was going to hell I may as well have fun.  Then I married and my marriage failed.  I lost my faith and my hope.  Then God showed me a moment of clarity and I listened.

I found God in sobriety...He was a loving God like a Father...But I basically used God to keep me sober.  I joined a Buddhist group that chanted, but they really didn't believe in God.  I liked the idea of karma, cause and effect, but the idea of chanting to a box for what I wanted really didn't sit well with me.

Then things started going really well for me, great Marriage, nice home, good family.  I didn't really need God anymore.  After all I was sober right???  Well then really heavy duty things started happening and I felt like I was a boat lost at sea.  I found a pray group on line, I found my dear friend Barb.  I found God.  This time I hung around and let God do whatever He needed to do with me...to make me the person that He intended for me to be.

One day last spring Mark was watching TV and found Joel, and the Lakewood Church and we were home...through the medium of TV I hear God's message.  I only wished I could find a church here that made me feel so at home.

But for now this is where God wants me to be.  Because I hear Him loud and clear.  He is my Father and I am His child...my job is to do His work here on Earth...and right now that is to Love and care for everyone who I come in contact with on a daily basis.  I am not perfect, oh no!  Today I slipped and called another driver an ass, in front of a bunch of kids (they didn't catch it), but I am work in progress...

AND I HAVE HOPE!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel is fantastic. You are blessed to be able to see him in person. ENJOY! Glad Mark will be back to his normal job soon. I KNOW you're ready for it. LOL
Husband can really be difficult sometimes.Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I hope you will enjoy your self. Sounds like a neet thing to do.
Have a great weekend.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and moving entry. Thanks for writing it. I think as the men get older, they get a bit cranky...lol.  They go on and on more than we do. Have a good Saturday!!   lisa  

Anonymous said...

This is a great entry. I really enjoyed reading this.