Sunday, February 6, 2005

Alone on Superbowl Sunday

 

Today is Superbowl Sunday and I can honestly saw I am glad I don't have to participate.  Don't get me wrong if hubby was home we would be sitting in front of the tube.  Me lying on the coach nodding off and saying "uh huh, uh huh" to all Mark's comments, or as was planned we would be at a guy Mark works with house watching the game, and watching most of them drink themselves into a stooper...wow such fun.  But I would have cheerfully gone because Mark's boys would have been there and the guys are actually ok. 

Sometimes it's weird to be a sober person (who once was a drunk person) in this world.  Most people can hold their liquor and just occasionally overdo.  Some can't but since as a rule we don't hang out with the crowd from Mark's work we really don't pay attention.  It is funny though on rain days to watch the line of construction workers head off to the local water hole after their two hour show up time is over.  I try not to judge because the rule with me is live and let live.  Just don't drink and drive, I gotta be on those roads too, and I know exactly how alcohol can lead you to believe that you can still drive. 

So today Mark is back at work.  This company is starved for drivers as they work them to the ground if they can.  Since it's mail delivery it's 365 days a year.  There is no overtime after 40 hours or 8 for that matter.  But for us this works...it's a means to an end...until he goes back to his other job.  He doesn't mind it and was home this morning at 5 to be able to sleep until 11.  For this week he will be working 3 am to 3 pm.   And since he doesn't have to go back to work until 3 am on Tuesday morning when he comes home tomorrow morning at 5 am they call that a day off...if that makes since.  It's a different world in the over the road trucking business.  But for now it will help pay our bills so that's cool.

I need to tear myself away from this computer but I just love catching up with all of you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking in. I tried to take a nap my hubs been watching football recaps all day..but he has the surround sound on and my god it's shaking the house. Drunk drivers suck! I hate them.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a football fan but its on right now and hubby is yelling. That's ok tho.
Im glad Mark is working , it sounded like he was going stir crazy. It will all work out.
Have a good week.
Hugs R.c.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the drinking and driving.  It's scary to think about what could be on the roads.

Anonymous said...

I knew a young man that worked for Schneider Trucking once, his stories were unreal.  I am glad Mark is making some money.  Good for you guys!