Saturday, February 12, 2005

SATURDAY

Spring is air ... even though it's still only February here in the Midwest, but the sun is shining and the chillis missing from the air.  When my daughter gets up we are going to go get her boyfriend one of those giant cookies as a gift for Valentines Day.  Last night she was making up a list of all the reasons why she thinks he is special.  If being broke has taught me and as I see my kid one thing that caring about people isn't about money.  This is something I have always believed even growing up, but it's so hard to be a believer when you are surrounded by ads telling us we have to have the biggest and the best of everything, Music videos and their bling bling, kids wearing holey pants that they actually pay big dollars for!  A sad state for we as parents, Americans and people.

But I fear a but whoopin' is in the works for us...we have lived fat and lazy for so long as Americans.  Unappreciative and thinking we are entitled to the "American Dream"  Oops, I better get off my soap box!  I am just glad that I myself am a much more humbler person, sure there's still residual stuff going around my house, but it's getting better.  AND I HAVE HOPE, and lucky for this girl so does Mark.  Nothing like a tired, angry hopeless hubby to ruin your Friday.  Poor guy got stuck in Indiana, because the truck meeting him with the mail was late.  He then found out he doesn't get paid until next week, and to top it off he's truck was never repaired and they want him to do it on the road.  This after a full day of driving.  He made it into Chicago just as rush hours was building.  Hey Ha was he steamed.  And because of the beauty of cell I got to hear all about it.  Which is ok, when you are married to someone you understand how they processes things.  He's a yell first ask questions later type of guy.  His boss told him to just sleep at the terminal in the city, but the sweet thing he  told him he actually liked his wife and wanted to come home!  Awwww that's me!  But he has little time but to come home eat and sleep.

Well kids I have time to journal hop going to take advantage of my time on the computer!  Have a beautiful weekend!  Go hug somebody and tell them how much you LOVE THEM!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, any room up there on your soapbox?!  ;-)  *wink*....it is important to be humble and appreciate what we have.....have a wonderful weekend Rose!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commeting on my journal and i am so glad i found yours. The love and compassion you have for others shows. I cant imagine how tired your husband must get but i guess he is used to it. I am glad things are working out with his job. Take care!    lisa           http://journals.aol.com/queeniemart/DamagedGoods/