Saturday, February 26, 2005

Happy Saturday

                             ~~~Happy Saturday~~~

I am up and going to enjoy my Saturday.  I really need to dust and there is always laundry.  But today I am just going to enjoy.  I haven't been on a walk with my dogs in so long.  It's time to get out and about my little town.

It's still really gray here and I know I sound like a broken record, but I am so ready for spring!  I am a gardener.  My front yard is all plants, with 2 large Maples.  We could never grow grass so we keep adding more and more perennals:  hostas, ferns, ivy that grows up my Maple.  Then we add impatients because those plants really love shade. I call it my therapy.  This year though I need to get a load of manure.  That should get everything growing strong and healthy.  We want to put more of vegetable garden in too.  I love home grown tomatoes.  I have pretty good luck with tomatoes.

Can you all tell I am ready for SPRING!!!

Have an awesome Saturday!!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do sound spring. I'm glad you enjoy planting things. That's a gift to be able to make things grow. As for me , I'm not allowed to touch plants. I even made a plastic plant die once. I just never got the hang of it.
Have a great Saturday.
Hugs.R.C.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. I live in South Florida and I am sittting here and just outside I hear all the birds singing and chirping. I love it. As far as the laundry goes, yes there will always be laundry to do. I can't do the relaxing thing this weekend because I did it last weekend. LOL My house really needs a good cleaning. I need to get started but I am sooooo dreading it. I hope that you too have a wonderful Saturday. God Bless You. *Louise*
http://journals.aol.com/eternallife23/OurLives/

Anonymous said...

I need spring too! I need summer more. At least the sun is out right now, melting a little of the snow, hopefully, before we get more. Your garden sounds lovely. I hope you will post pictures when you get it all nice!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I can tell you love Spring. ME TOO!!!  Wish I could try your tomatoes. Nothing tastes as good as home grown tomatoes. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Thanks for stopping by my journal!!  I love gardening too, but, well, am still working on my green thumb!! LOL  I live in a townhouse, and we each have our own garden ... I have planted a lovely tulip bed out front, that everyone seems to love. When it finally blooms this year (still have about a foot of snow here) I'm going to have to take some pictures!!

Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

I hope you post pictures of your garden  later on. It sounds beautiful. I too have a problem of growing grass in certian areas and would appreciate any tips you may want to pass along. I am a novice to gardening, and enjoy it very much.

God Bless.
TiasNme@

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO ready for spring myself. I'm ready for my flowers and digging in the dirt. If I could just figure out a way to dig without stumbling across those horrid little creatures called worms. Keep up the spring chant, I'm right there with you
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Rose, I'm so ready for Spring too....and we're expecting 4-8 inches of snow today!  wahhhhhh!!!


~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl