Monday, August 23, 2004

Ah back to a routine!

Today is Orientation and I am up and adam...(is that the saying?).  Yesterday I couldn't get on the computer because I slept in and hubby was wanting my attention.  Plus Liz was on ALL day.  After doing some stuff around the house we headed out on the motorcycle as it is FINALLY August around here in Illinois. 80 degrees of sunny perfection.  I mentioned we should go see  his oldest brother Mike and his wife Patty as we haven't seen him probably in over year.  Mike is sort-of set in his ways and can be quite self centered and annoying.  Mike lives in the family house that Mark grow up in so it's always cool to go over there and see where Mark grew up.  Mark has always had a problem in that he feels he has always been the one who has to go and see his brothers and sister.  Their mother died in 1973 so all 4 of the kids sort of scattered in the winds.  But if we don't go see this guys, and my brothers are the same way we will never see them.  And you know what?  Family is family...even if they are weird they still are family right???  God love em!  I glad we went it was a nice visit.  Anyway, gotta go to work...be back later and hopefully I will get back on to hang out with you guys...after all you all have become like family to me :)  Hugs  Rose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good day at work....and yes we've all become like family!!

Anonymous said...

Orientation? I can see it's about time for you to be back at work, kids in school, more holidays coming up too. Where does the time go? Have a good day, kiddo.
Hugs, *Barb

Anonymous said...

Yep it is like a family here. I'm glad you had a nice visit with family. I live in the house I grew up in. It's no fun. I get soooooooo sick of it sometimes. Sometimes I wish I could just come visit and look around. When my kids were growing up it was interesting to see them go through the things I did in the same house..like holidays and what not. They go to the same schools I did. But so much has changed. The schools are so diffucult now..I wouldn't have made it past second grade. LOL

Anonymous said...

If I had been in school in this day and age they would have sent me to what is called bd school, or opportunity.  I refused to go and was always in the nurses office.  Up until 8 grade then we moved and that is when I had a love affair with learning...or maybe puberty straightened me out!!!  :)  Rose