Saturday, August 14, 2004

Does this mean I'm finally "KEWL"??

Mel Sitting On Brick WallLast night after we got big boys futon down the narrow stairs into his dad's waiting van we made our own escape!  We headed to downtown  Aurora on of course or Harley.  On Friday nights they have what is called "friday night alive", which I suppose is good, because Aurora by night tends to be more like Friday night dead. Aurora is the 2nd biggest city in the state after Chicago.  There tends to be a lot of gang problems, shootings and such.  It always amazes me how I can live 10 minutes away from a place and still feel safe in my little old house where we never lock our doors.  Gotta love America and the 41 Oswego Police.  Anyway, at this feast oldest stepson's friend< little John (why do these guys always have nicknames?), sponsored this particular night, he owns his own Motorcycle shop and is cashing in on the "Jesse James", "Orange county choppers" craze.  These guys have their own TV shows on the Discovery channel and build custom motorcyles.  I wonder if little John will get his own TV show?  Seems that everybody wants to be Cool and ride a motorcycle, and they all want Cool and different paint jobs.  Even the foreign motorcycles are getting into the act.  I saw Spiderman paint job, some weird green paint job, And the choppers all had flames, and pretty paint (aw I guess I shouldn't call it pretty, Huh?).  I am always wondering what the old type bikers are think of the this craze.  It was so weird to be down there and be included in the "group" of cool people.  I've always been a loner, and never liked to go with the crowd.  This group has their own cool biker hand shakes and the young snots do that devil horns thing with their hands.  Thank God, Mark doesn't act like that. It's bad enough when he hangs out with those guys he picks up their biker lingo.  On the way home I asked Mark if this meant I was cool now.  He said, "yep and remember you're married to the "legend" too", I had forgot all about the title he gave to himself when we first got married.  You see my 20 year class reunion was right after we got married.  I, being a dork in school was so excited to bring my popular in high school hubby to the reunion and show off.  It was fun, and take it from me you do get to go back where you came from and feel good about yourself.  It's only human nature, and sometimes you gotta feel proud of yourself.  Next year is our 30 (ick am I that old??) and I will be so happy to let people know that it is possible to stay happily married to the same guy for  10 years and counting!!

So kids I guess I am cool, even if it in the most important place to me....in my own mind!!

Sun Playing With Beach Ball

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry....especially your last line...."So kids I guess I am cool, even if it in the most important place to me....in my own mind!! "

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry too. I'm glad you are happy...thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

Married to the *legend * Wow! Can't be much cooler than that. Great entry, Rose. It's so nice to hear how happy you are. God is good, isn't He? {{{Rose}}

Anonymous said...

You are very cool....:-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time.  And yes, you are kewl...