Monday, August 30, 2004

My little town...and change

This striking building here is our new high school.  And is it huge!  It has state of the art features such as a swimming pool, indoor track, indoor and outdoor auditorum, etc, etc, etc...this is the price of rapid growth.  When my children were in grade school there were 3 grade schools, 2 middle schools and 1 high school.  Now just a few short years later we are 13 grade schools, 3 middle schools and now 2 high schools strong.  Coming next year 3 new grade schools and another middle school.  What was once a small farm town is now a big town.  The new high school is beautiful, but unfortunately my kids won't be going there, we are in town so they will stay at the old school.  Mixed blessing at least I don't have to listen to my broken hearted daughter crying over going to the NEW school, and leaving her friends...you know teenagers and their angst....

So the meeting today was pleasantly painless and the rest of the day I spent shoe shopping with Liz, with only one crisis...the shoes she wanted weren't in her size so she settled for a cheaper pair, but I threw in a sale pair so now it's all happiness in teen angst land.  Ah one more day home and it's off to school...it's about time!  I miss my kids actually learning and doing something other than sleeping til noon and doing a whole lot of nothing!!! 

Rose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sons Jr High just rebuilt on a different sight. I'm so thrilled becuase he'll get the bus now and I don't gotta drive. LOL That is a nice HS you guys got there. It's great your daughter doesn't have to leave her friends. My kids have been sleeping till noon too. School starts on the 7th here. Have no idea how i can get them to change their  pattern.

Anonymous said...

School Days, School Days...  Remember how that song goes? Everywhere I look people are rushing about shopping for school clothes, shoes, backpacks, etc. That always reminds me of how close we are to the major holidays. OH---nice photo of the school.  Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

big school!  our town has 3 highschools plus a Catholic HS, making 4 total......and they're still overcrowded!
~jerseygirl