Saturday, August 7, 2004

driving mrs rose crazy

My family is slllllllloooooowly trying to drive me crazy!  My hubby is very loudly complaining about Eric.  Eric is being extremely loud today and I have a headache.  Liz is giving me that "look".  After I told her that she needed to STOP staying up until 3 am. and sleeping until noon.  Tim is his normal self...and Dale he was lucky he ducked out to work at 10. 

My husband loves to hold in his "feelings" inside until he can't stand it anymore and then lets me hear about it when he is already so aggravated that it comes very very bad!  Oh well, they are all leaving soon, and I can get on to the business of getting this house in order and pack what I need to go to the trailer to escape this madness.

I have my own issues too, but I guess we as woman are supposed to "fix" everything.  That's basically why I stayed home from work this summer to be the "fixer of problems".  It's a role I've had all my life, and I wish I had never taken up that role.  These people in my family are ALL old enough to fix their own problems and I am basically sick of it.  So here I go ... I am jumping outa the middle.  I am a firm believer of when you quit the game the other people don't have you to play the game with and then they need to figure it out on their own.  I'll be here to do my part...but guess what kids I'm not God.  He can handle His job just fine.  And I'll do mine.  With that I am outta here....oh yeah THANK GOD FOR THIS JOURNAL I would go mad with out it!!  LOVE and all that...Rose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

During the summer my kids too get in that habit of staying up much too late then sleeping the day away...I just go in their rooms and yell, rise and shine!!

Anonymous said...

Families can do that sometimes. I'd rather have somebody show their anger right away than let it build up. When it builds up it is an explosion and everything is exaggerated and so it's all out of proportion. It's hard to focus on just WHAT made them mad to start with. I took on the role of fixer too. Didn't have much of a life till I started practicing "Live and Let live."  I'm glad you have this journal too. I'd be lost without mine. Big hugs, dear friend. (Barb)

Anonymous said...

Kids sleep schedules seem to change in
the summer......I know mine do.....hang
in there Rose....things will be back to normal
soon........deep breaths......take care
jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

I could relate to a lot of this. My kids have the same sleeping patterns this summer. It's like I just can't have one freakin' moment to think anymore. Now they are even up all night. There is no place to run and no place to hide and just when I get everything just right here and there is peace hubby usualy walks in and finds something to bitch about. It never ends and I thank god for my journal too and journals like yours where I can not feel so alone. Thank you for your heartfelt comments on my journal and I will be back here to share in your life with you.