Thursday, August 5, 2004

It's that time in the morning where it's very quiet.  I like this time in the morning.  I am lucky because when I am working I work 3 hours in the morning and come home about 9 am to quiet.  The world is off to work and I have 5 hours until I have to go back to take the kiddies back home from school.  This coming school year will probably be different though...we have an additional high school  to deal with and although it's only 2 grade levels we still have to shuttle kids to both schools, but I am not going to worry about that...I will leave that up to the higher ups at school.  I did go in and help move buses as our parking lot is being paved.  I really have let my brain go on mush lately as I didn't follow directions and went in the wrong way with my bus...ooopsy.  Oh well, I'll get back into the groove when I'm back to normal...whatever that is.  I guess things are still up in the air as far as routes, buses, and who is doing what...but as I said I'll show up get my route and do as I know how to do...transport my town's precious kiddos to and from their education.  I do miss the routine and am having mixed feelings about school starting.  I'll miss my boys when they go back to school, but I am ready for it.  They get attitudes when they first come home and then when it's time to go back.  I know they miss their freedom.  They are growing up so quickly and becoming fine young men.  I am so proud of them.

Liz and I have been cleaning out closets and getting ready to do some work around this poor old house.  Our home was built in the 1860's.  So it's very old, but it does have character and it is home to us.  I love going through old boxes and I found some old tee shirts from when I was in high school, Liz thought they were cool and is going to wear them.  It's funny how what was old now comes back...weird.

It's nice and cool here almost cold to me.  But it's clear and the sun is shining so it's a good day.  Going to go focus on the unending pile of laundry.  At least it's windy so it will dry quickly on the line.  Then I have to get my insurance paperwork done.  That's it for now.  Make it a good day...Love Rose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love old houses..I bet yours has such charm and character to it...i'd love to see pictures of it someday...as for schools believe it or not my 3 kids all go to a different school...you would think they would at least put my 2 daughters in the same high school but they didnt...I tried getting them in the same school but it's impossible..so we deal with 3 different schools...doesnt make much sense to me.

Anonymous said...

I like early morning quiet and when the world goes to bed quiet. Sounds like you're set for school again. I didn't recall you saying your house was built in 1860
Boy would I love to see it. I love old houses. They get my story juices flowing. Maybe one day you'll post a photo of it. Take care now. {{{{Rose}}}

Anonymous said...

Those early morning hours are great.....to be up when most everyone
else is still sleeping.......is the best.......
My dream is to buy an old house someday.....1860's wow!..........and
restore it.......something magical about old houses.........they have
charachter and hold secrets just not found in the newer ones......so
enjoy your old house................I
wrote about an old house I wanted to buy.......ca.1839......but the
kids had a fit......and the house was too overpriced......so it wasn't
to be......enjoy your day!
jerseygirl