Thursday, August 26, 2004

Rain, rain go away...

Man, oh man the skies have opened and it's been rainning just enough to wreck work for my hubby, and make everything have that humid soggy feeling.  Also having hubby home means less time for me on the computer...less time with my beloved J-land :). :::SIGH::: he'll be back to work soon enough.  The truck sales company that we were hoping would buy the semi, offered nearly 1/2 of what we were hoping to get.  Hubby had a lightbulb moment and bought a sign and is going to put the truck in front of his work.  There's a lot of construction traffic.  Keep your figures crossed and I am praying that  it is sold by months end.  God's time, I have learned that God always comes through, ALWAYS, in HIS perfect time.  I finally got rid of headache that I woke up with...it's one of this annoying sinus things that makes you feel like your head is going to burst.  But it's gone now.

Tomorrow is MOCK school day so I will be driving like it's a real day, but with no students.  My high school route has 80 kids on it which is impossible because buses only hold 71, but a lot of kids drive to school anyway.  Last night I did 'preview day' at the grade school.  Simply put I parked my bus behind the grade school and the little kindergarteners got to tour the bus.  This one kid who was only 4 would not stop coming back on board.  He was so cute.  He asked hundreds of questions.  This other little guy also 4 with huge glasses decided he wanted drive a bus when he grows up.  After I showed how the stop sign comes out with all the blinking red lights the deal was sealed...he was definitely going to grow up to be a bus driver.  So cute. 

Well, time to walk down to the library to return some stuff, and then it's dinner time and an early evening, must sharp as a tack tomorrow.  Love you guys...Rose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart for showing those little kindergartners the Ways of the Mighty School Bus.  I hope you have a great year of driving!

Anonymous said...

Skies are opened up here too, Rose. Been raining for several days now. Weather man says, sunshine coming but what does he know? LOL He predicted sun for today. Ah yes, I know how it is to be unable to visit J-land. Heck, my computer was out for almost a day and a half. God helped me fix it with nothing but a $5.00 dollar bill. Drive safe, and hope the rain doesn't make it too rough for your hubby.

Love you. *Barb*