Saturday, August 21, 2004

Change

Large ViewEven as a child I always had to have something to look forward to, whether it was my birthday, christmas...the weekend...I have always had to play games with my mind.  I hated school as a kid, which is really weird because when we moved to this town from a nearby one and I entered High School, I LOVED SCHOOL.  I guess I was just a weird kid.  Then I went on to Junior College and wanted to be a teacher.  Weird how the mind works.

I can feel the winds of change in the air...Tim's back to Purdue and I can tell he has got his "I'm back at college attitude" working by his away messages on AIM.  It's like when he's home he's all responsible going to work, only going out every once in awhile on the weekend.  Exercising, eating right....and then it's August and he's back to the frat house and all heck brinks loose...he's all into the college life again.  Thankfully, it's his last year and he will come back home and get a good job...and be NORMAL again.  That's the plan anyway.  Eric did something to his eye at work Thursday so work sent him to the clinic, I guess he's off work for at least today.  I really don't worry, because he is close enough for me to "guide" him.  He has classes starting Tuesday and is working too, that was deal we all made when he didn't pass his classes at the  "big" college.  His dad is being sort of a jerk about the whole thing.  He won't pay for classes until after he passes them.  He's mad because Eric bought a car.  My ex has always had a problem with Eric because he has a mind of his own.  My ex is the type that is concerned about what people think of him...that's why when we divorced nobody could believe it. We had them fooled huh?  After years of being that same way I finally decided that it's much easier to be who I am, and if the world doesn't like it than don't hang around me.  My belief is that we all have a path that we are on, and a journey that is ours...we pick the people around us to help, but it's still our journey.  My son needs to experience life for himself, to learn, I nor, his father, or Mark or is stepmother can do it for him.  It's hisexperience, we can be here to help him.  But it's HIS life. 

The weather is changing too, in this area we seem to be ahead of schedule about 3 weeks.  The trees are changing already, and my hostas are turning brown.  It's cool at night but the sun is still nice and warm in the daytime.  And school is in the air!  And in this household it is time to go back to school.  My daughter is bored and she need to get back to the books.

Get to work a few days next week: Monday is orientation, (BORING), but at least they will feed us, Tuesday and Wednesday picking our routes, and then dry runs and then a mock school day on Friday.  I think everything will pretty normal this coming year, I looked at the routes and they look pretty much like last years.  Although this is the first year I get to start out the school year with a group of kids.  Last year I didn't start driving until November.  I subbed until January and bid on my route. My poor group were "orphans" that had subs all the time, then they got me, and we all got along great.  

Change is always exciting to me now, I don't resist it anymore.  Over the years I have expanded my world past my little town, my little block, my little house...there's an awesome world out there to be explored and seen.  Having trust in a loving God has really put my life in prospective, and most days I can remember that I am pretty darn lucky to be me.  Have a great day guys...love Rose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the changing of the seasons and miss that very much...fall has always been a special time in my life...here it's mainly summer and a somewhat kind of winter...you get used to it though...well, a little...

In my first marriage I never really talked about my problems to many people so most were shocked over our divorce...and since I'm the one who asked for the divorce, because of my ex's verbal abuse for 17 years, but no one knew that part...I was looked like a villian to break up this marriage...they didn't see what happened behind closed doors...i'm just happy I moved on to a better life for myself and kids...I never once regretted the divorce...it's the best thing I ever did for myself

Anonymous said...

"After years of being that same way I finally decided that it's much easier to be who I am, and if the world doesn't like it than don't hang around me."

Amen to that sistah.  School is not in the air around here yet, but it is approaching quickly.  My oldest daughter and nephew used to say something about their bus driver that would crack me up every time,  when she starts speaking to me again (she is going through an attitude this week) I will ask her what it was and tell you.  I know it had to be funny, because I usually do not laugh at people (for no good reason anyway!) LOL!  

Anonymous said...

Changes aren't all bad. It took me a long time to figure that out. Now, when a change comes, I say to myself, "The God of the good times is the God of the bad times." It helps me relax, helps me remember God's goodness to me, helps me keep things in perspective. Hugs, ROSE. Love ya. *Barb*