Tuesday, August 17, 2004

A better day

Ok folks I am feeling better....yesterday was one of those days...I know why I was sad, The Big boy went back to College and I am always sad when He goes.  I just get used to having him around and then it's time to go back to school.  At least he is finally a pleasure to be around.  Those years between say 16 and 20 are rough for us parents with boys at least...my daughter well it started when she started  puberty.  I have come to believe that through my experience as a mom that boys begin the rebellion at about puberty too, but since they mature later you at least have a few years of their adoration before they go nuts...I figure they have to show their growing muscles and try and brake away or they would never leave us.  That brings me to boy/men in general....what is it that the biggest guy can be the biggest whimp when it comes to pain.  I mean I spent ALL day yesterday listening to my husband complain about being sick...you would have thought he was dying.  And at his age 49 you never can be sure what is real and what is just his imagination.  I think he's better today, but who knows the day is still young.

Ode to Tom Tomato;

Dear Mr Tomato, oh please oh please why won't you turn red...

I stand here and stare at you until I am sick in the head...

Day after day

Week after week

All you do is tease me

Ok Ok I never said I was a poet, but gang this goofy weather here is making my beautiful, big round tomatoes sit in my garden and tease me...finally one is beginning to turn red...I as so ready to eat that big guy...but I know, I know as soon as he turns red all that rest of those big brats will join in and then I will be eating Tomatoes for breakfast, lunch and dinner....I don't care....I LOVE EM!!

Tomato ShowcaseSorry Barb...I keep talking about tomatoes

I'll eat plenty for you :)  Here's to a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started my own tomato garden this year and the plants are doing great....no sign of a budding tomato yet...but i'm a patient woman!

Anonymous said...

I love your new look here.....very nice!

Anonymous said...

have you ever read Dad's tomato Garden Journal.......it's linked over at
my journal.........he writes about..........you guessed it........Tomatoes!
I do love tomatoes too.....tomato sandwiches in the summer, yum!

~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl