Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I AM in LOVE~

1980 Harley-Davidson FLT 1340 Tour Glide photo

picture credit:Paul Rancourt

Wow I am in love!  And the object of my love??  1980 Harley Davidson!  Ours looks like this one, old fashioned wing on the decal, a bit older but close to this one.  I never thought that a thing could make feel so free and happy!  Last night hubby & I went and picked up the motorcycle that he's been wanting forever.  He traded his semi dump trailer for this bike.  It's a big bike with a tour pack, which means 2 people can comfortably ride.  He has always loved motorcycles, he has the frame of a chopper sitting in the garage.  He has stacks of motorcycle magazines all over the house.  We went for a short ride last night and it is so awesome to feel the wind blow through your hair...don't worry I am getting a helmet...don't want some crazy yuppie, cell phone carrying mom to splat my brains all over Rt 71. I am very happy for my husband.  He sometimes whines about always having to work and sacrifice, mostly for my children.  This bike will make him happy and will give him something he enjoys doing to tinker with.  And I love it too.  This will give us some good old fashion, cheap escape time away from the world.  I can't wait to go out to the Illinois State park in Savanah, especially when the autumn leaves start to turn...really enjoy that time of year.

Going to make this a good day.  You do the same....love you all Rose 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding, girl? You have a Harley and a guy to wrap your arms around and go riding off into the sunset? LOL  I love riding motorcycles as much as riding in a semi. Your're already having a great day. {{{{Rose}}}} Have fun with your hubby. **Barb**

Anonymous said...

I've never been on a motorcycle........though have been
offered.......sounds like alot of fun...........gorgeous bike!

jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl  

Anonymous said...

I loved your discription of riding when the autumn leaves start to turn...I miss that so much....enjoy it for me too!!