Sunday, August 29, 2004

Monarch FlapThis area of the country was not supposed to get Monarch Butterflies this year,something to do with our weird weather...BUT they were wrong and we got 'em!!! They are out and about.  I am a lover of plants especially periennels because they come back bigger and better every year.  I also love to plant zienna's they attract all sorts of flying creatures...especially butterflies.

Today was a good day.  We did the whole big breakfast thing at the club, I got to make biscuits all morning.  It was very busy, the clear weather must of brought everybody out of their little homes. 

My daughter told me last night that her best friend with 2 other friends got caught shoplifting yesterday, they stole sunglasses from Penneys.  I asked her why on earth would they do that????  Her best friend is practically like a daughter to me. She said because 2 of them always do it, and then I asked why didn't they ask her to go with them...and she said because they know she wouldn't approve...Wow!  I always have always told my kids that it is  Bad Bad karma to steal.  Even before I was a practicing Buddist which I was for a while, but I had a problem with them not really believing much in my idea of God, so I decided my beliefs are more inline with Christainity.  Anyway the point is this is what my smarty pants kid wrote on her away message on her AIM:

"Sitting around the house, Wondering where all your friends are: $0 DollersGoing to get Ice cream with your mom: $2.56 dollersGetting a call and finding out your three best friends got arrested: Priceless.Somethings money can't buy for everything less theres Shopplifting. "

Hee can you tell where the kid gets her sick sense of humor from???!!!! ;0)

Otherwise we spend the day on the motorcycle logging in over 100 miles of blissful countryside.  And it was a glorious day!  And the icing on the cake??  Hubby works tomorrow!!!

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Weekend went toooo fast...tomorrow is a boring  brain washing done every year to the employees of my wonderful school district.  It is a staff "pep" assembly...the theme this year?

chchchchanges...to the tune of the Classic Bowie song.

Ick...thankfully it's only 1 1/2 hours long, and the seats are comfy...take care all!  Love Rose

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love butterflies too. They are so light and fragile. It is SOOO nice to read that you're so happy. HUGS<   *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Your daughter needs to get on her friends cases about stealing when she is around especially because they will take her down with them if they get caught. I love butterflys!

Anonymous said...

"dollersGetting a call and finding out your three best friends got arrested: Priceless.Somethings money can't buy for everything less theres Shopplifting. "   Oh my, she DOES have a sense of humor, all right! I hope the friends learn their lesson!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are so chirpy today......I love butterflies too.......great little graphic you added.......10o miles on the motorcycle~~~Wow, that must have been nice...
take care Rose!
~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Your daughter would fit right in here....