Monday, August 9, 2004

All is well....here in Roseland

you know the world wide web is an interesting thing.  who would have thought such a place could actually save my sanity???  i found this while wonder around :

12 Signs of a Spiritual Awakening


1.  An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
2.  Frequent attacks of smiling.
3.  Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
4.  Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
5.  A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
6.  An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
7.  A loss of ability to worry.
8.  A loss of interest in conflict.
9.  A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
10.  A loss of interest in judging others.

11. Loss of ability to judge self.

12. Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything in return.

 

Wow!  Sometimes in my  search to escape the constant need to help my family figure life out I forgot to step aside and let, as I lovingly call God...the Guy in Sky do His work...I used to get teased by my friends that there is a God and you're not HIM.  Seems my controlling behavior was making me quite an uphappy gal.  I have let all the dear ones that I call my family control how I feel about myself, hense the need to escape.  I don't need to physically escape today.  Got on my knees and gave it ALL to God.  Ahhh much better. 

And I actually got some stuff done today.  Dale made it to Kentucky...he's 2-way phone is dead, but that's normal, Eric got sent home from work because he barfed in the trash can (he needs to get better at hiding illness, comes with age!), Liz is off with friends, Tim made it to work as did Hubby.  It didn't rain so that's good.  Dustin stopped by to fill up a big water jug because the guys are working near here (it's my long lost igloo, but you know how that goes...these things tend to grow feet), and the water out of my hose came out a gross color brown.  Thought it was my hose, but the water in the house was the same...seems the #3 water tower is revolting against the towns folk.  Oh well it will be cleared up soon enough ... so I mowed the grass...a good sweat always clears the head...At least the hot water isn't brown.  And I wasn't washing whites...my lucky day.  Have a peaceful Monday you all...love Rose~




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of your better entries. Don't know how you view yourself but since you started journaling you seem much happier, more upbeat. And as always, your attitude is terrific. You're having a nice day. That makes mine even better.
{{{{{{{Rose}}}}}}}  *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Great entry...you have a lovely journal!

Anonymous said...

Love your list...thanks for sharing that!