Friday, August 6, 2004

Friday

I survived the shopping trip with Lizzieboo, (isn't it funny how we have nicknames for our kids), and I must say we must be both growing up.  I always say I am alittle older than here emotionally, because there is a theory that when people abuse themself  they emotionally stop growing.  I stopped about 3 months before I had my perfect little girl.  She is truly my miracle child and since I am only a few months older than her emotionally sometimes it's hard to decide who is the adult and who is the child.  But my status as mom usually wins out.  I am fortunate because we are very close and are able talk ... but we are also respectful of each other privacy.  There are things that I really don't need to know.  That's what her 15 year old friends are for.  A few years back when she was in junior high she did have some "issues" that required therapy.  Seems all her friends had an opinion of her.  She was very upset by this.  I took her to a very trusted therapist, (as I in the past who has been the queen of going to the therapist) has a hard time find a good one.  She went to 2 sessions and was deemed cured.  Seems her friends had the problem and she was "normal".  Liz's answer was to find new friends...and I am glad she did she is very happy and normal now.  THANK GOD!  There's nothing like an overly dramatic 15 year old.  Her newest crisis is that all her close friends are going to the NEW high school and now she's sad, but she'll be ok.  We are all always ok, if we give ourselves a chance.  Change is scary and I used to hate it.  Now I welcome it.  Since I got together with my hubby, in 1994 my life has been much more adventurous.  I go places and see things...this is a big old world...and most days it's pretty amazing.  Even if it's just a walk around my neighborhood to check out the neighbor's hosta's.  We are planning  a trip to California over Christmas break.  And I won't be excited until book the hotel.  We are driving and that is always fun.  You get to see the country in a whole new way.  I didn't realize just how big this country is until I took a cross country trip.  Hubby's family always drove on their vacations and always went somewhere every year.  My family never did that.  I am glad I have him to travel with.  Never a dull moment.  Whelp gotta go ... have a great weekend...Love to you...rose

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love nickname you gave your daughter. I had so many crazy ones for my children too. But they fit! No way would I want to go back to raising a 15 year old. I can still remember how painful it was for me, and life was not like it is for kids these days. Changes are great and i'm so glad you have the California trip to look forward too. Just think. If we'd moved there I could have met you. Darn! Well, have a fun weekend. Stay sweet and behave yourself. lol  Well, try.
Hugs and love too. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

cute name....i have a 16 year old......
good kid too......love crosscountry
trips......only way hubby and i travel
since we dont care to fly.....
jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

my nickname for my daughter melissa is lissy bug...I dont know how I started with that but it has stuck and we all love it...