Wednesday, August 11, 2004

A baby boy!

We took the motorcycle out to Jeremy and Tracy's last night and it look like they are having a boy!  Tracy's so funny, she and I went out back while the boys were out front and told me she was glad because Jeremy and his mother both have high hairlines, or big foreheads as she calls it and she wouldn't want to do that to a girl. Wow that was funny, she made me swear to not tell anyone.  It's funny the things we think when we have our children.  Who they will look like.  I never gave it a thought when I had my boys.  Mine was a difficult first marriage filled with mistrust, fights, the silence treatment and way too many nights out partying by both of us.  I was just glad that my 2 boys looked like my husband's side of the family.  I was always being falsely accused of cheating.  With my daughter I wanted her to be just like her father.  She is, but much better!  I am happy the baby is a boy though for his brother Jacob's sake, Mark's ex never had girls and which ever of the 5 boys has the first girl will be a sight!  Jacob's getting big, he's walking all over the place and all he wants to do is ride anything that's big and makes noise...so our motorcycle sent him running and pointed at his daddy's bike.

It is so cold here, only in the 60's today which is so utterly insane for Illinois, normal high is 85, so my poor little body is shivering.  Good for sleeping , not for motorcycle riding, although, Mark told me that he would take me to my refresher class tonight.  Ha that is so cute, I guess this is the trick to get him off the couch!!!  It's worth it.

We have been doing a lot of talking about how much God takes care of us.  We went through a lot over the 10 years we have been together, but through all the pain and downs we have always come out double the reward.  I hear that with a little faith and belief God always rewards His people with double.  Makes me take comfort and peace, lets me enjoy my 24 hours I have, my 24 hours that are today, that are mine to do as I please.  I value my wonderful life I have today.  I am loved and am able to realize that this is a pretty awesome world I am allowed to live in. 

God is awesome and I am thrilled!!!  So here I go...Liz is scrambling to "hang out" with all her friends that are "leaving" her this coming school year and I get to drive :)

Big Hugs and LOVE Rose

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hubs family made little remarks when i had my oldest 16.5 years ago...that she looked nothing like either one of us because she had blond hair and light eyes. Well she grew up to have his big mouth, his long thin legs and the final thing that absolute proves that I was a good honest girl and never cheated she and all my other children have his flat pointy feet.

Anonymous said...

Here in Vegas it's going to get up to 112 degrees today! It's 104 right now though...good thing we have a pool!

Anonymous said...

Hey You!  NIce entry as always. I love catching up on what you're doing with your life. I especially like that you get to ride on that Harley.  Why? Mark is off the sofa more often and with you. Terrific. So glad you're doing well. God is the icing on the cake for me. Long as I keep Him in His proper place my life hums along like a charm. {{{{Rose}}}}  *Barb*

Anonymous said...

she made you swear not to tell anyone....and now we all know LOL LOL LOL ;-)
muggy day here at the jerseyshore.......beachweather for sure.......dog days of summer, but school starting soon! Enjoy that Harley~!
jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl        

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for Tracy and Jeremy (and you)!  You sound like you have a lovely family.

Anonymous said...

It is SO COLD here, too. I can't believe it is August and I am wearing my heavy terry robe.