Wednesday, August 18, 2004

And they're off.....................

And she's off....I mean I am....whew!  This must be the busy time of year for everybody!  Mr * called me to see if I could bring Dale in early for his senior pictures, and I said sure.  Well seems little Dale (He's not little we just call him that, he's 6 foot) didn't have anything to wear, he's hard on his clothes so we made a mad dash to the store and since it's back to school time we found some pretty cool stuff for pretty cheap.  Wow now this feels like "normal" to me.  Dashing around trying to get everything done.  "Oh "normal" how much I did not miss you!!!"  After this very laid back summer I have come to appreciate the nice easy pace.  Need to try and relay this to my stepson.  Oh well, he's a Senior now and I am really glad he's here with us, he decided last year to move in with us in November.  He wouldn't have had this opportunity to get a portrait done, it's not something that is important to his mother.  I love looking around my living room and seeing all my "babies" in their crisp shirts and ties smiling back at me.  They all look so handsome.  I always look back and wonder how I made it through that time.  So many kids doing so many activities.  Wow I really miss those days!!!  Oh well there's always Grandkids.  I want to be just like my mother was.  She'd bring her lawnchair and her little cooler filled with all sorts of goodies that only grandma can buy.  She set herself up and cheer her little ones on.  Yep I am going to be just like her! 

Time to get some stuff done, I am on a paper throwing away marathon and I need to finish up...

Love to all my friends out there.  Rose 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at all our baby pictures too....where has the time gone!

Anonymous said...

Are you a shredder?  I have a box that accumulates and then once a week or month I shred away. I am glad he is off for his photo shoot and happy to hear about your bargains.

Anonymous said...

Time goes by way too fast if you ask me. I'd be lost without a paper shredder. Paper stuff accumulates pretty fast in our house. You enjoy your day and turning out like your mother sounds pretty darn good. Hugs, *Barb*