Friday, August 27, 2004

soooooo pooped

Wow it's been a very weird 24 hours around these parts. 1st off my computer is very mad at me.  It's finally warm and muggy here plus I think my 'puter is a bit dusty, so it keeps turning off!  Going to get some spray for it to give it a good dusting.  I got my heat alright, but I think it's too late for the trees they are turning like it's already October.  Oh well, does that mean winter will be shorter???

Yesterday afternoon we had quite a stir in these parts.  My town of Oswego made the BIG time news.  And it wasn't good, not good at all.  Seems a guy got angry with his wife and killed her and  to car jack a car and decided to hid out right across the street from my childhood home.  We first heard the news of his car jacking when our Dale was right in that very area picking up a friend.  He made it home safely, and as I now know my father and stepmom were out while the big stakeout was happening.  I went to bed thinking the guy was many towns away as the (always reliable) TV had said.  Dale was to take his friend home at midnight and I thought nothing of it when I went to bed.  I woke up at 2:30 am with a HUGE lightning storm.  So I went around closing windows and could not find Dale.  Seems he tried to take his friend home but there was a road block, I think they could have come back right away, but you know boys have to be where the action is.  My father wasn't allowed to go home until 4:00am, and the police used my very bedroom as a kid for a stakeout area.  It is reported the fugitive was shot by his own gun or police gun.  And it is also reported he killed his wife.  Very said, that a couple who had a child and had seemed on the outside to have a perfect life.  Nice home, nice jobs, nice, nice.  Goes to show that things aren't as they seem.  Just thankful my father is safe, as well as Dale. 

As I whined it was quite a hot one today.  We did a Mock school day and I spent most of it trying to get around Large trucks, cement mixers, landscapers, and various vans and SUV's.  I just wish these wonderful folks would please park ALL on the same side of the road...it's very difficult to squeeze a BIG bus between their vehicles.  But I did it.  The guys always look at me like I am some kind of you know, GIRL, and can't drive, but it alway slows me down to have to get through the construction.  But it will work out as always, and they can't be building homes forever can they?????

At least my headache stayed away and I am sure things will be crazy for awhile at the schools, especially since our route lists didn't figure in time to sit at the schools in the pm (usually 10 to 15 minutes) They have us stop at the school for 1 minute to pick the kids and then go to drop them at their homes.  So this should be difficult for some, mine should be fine, because my route is pretty close together.  But of course that is why I took it...for this coming school I crave the simple life....I just want to have my Mark and I be about to go to work, earn a living, pay our bills and relax....our children are growing up and I want to be able to sit back and be a grandma....you know the type?  Cookies.....camping, fun...spoil 'em and send 'em home....:)...ahhhhh  have a great weekend gang!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to hear about violence. Grew up with it and was in the middle of it too long. I'm glad your father is safe and Dale too. *Lightning storm you said, and you also typed in HUGE. Girl, you better thank your lucky stars I wasn't there. I'm terrified of lightning. Unsure why really. My mom grew up around electric storms and found them beautiful. Well, I think them awesome but am still afraid. Oh well, at least when I am I know the Lord is with me. Take care, my friend. Love ya.  *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Wow about the murder.  Glad everyone is safe.  

Anonymous said...

You might want to check your computer for viruses if it keeps shutting off.

That's sad about the murder.  We had something similar in our very own neighborhood a few years ago.  The father hooked up carbon monoxide to his house while everyone was asleep.  Then he shot his sleeping wife and himself.  The two boys survived the carbon monoxide.  It was extremely shocking. The boys were the same ages as my girls and were in their classes. The mom was a special ed aid at the kids' school and had worked with my daughter.

Anonymous said...

I know the type, do you want to be my grandmother? LOL! Not that you are technically old enough however, but I would love the cookies and attention.

I hate hearing about men killing their wives, because my first reaction is that it is nothing more than a control issue.  I hate it!

Tell those folks I said leave those SUV's at home! LOL!

Good luck with your routes.