Sunday, August 8, 2004

Thank God for fire and crickets

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH thank God for the campground..and you guys, your comments always make me feel like I am not the only crazed person on this planet.  You can read about stress in magazines, or watch other people experience it on Dr Phil, but knowing there are folks such as yourselves that are either experiencing it or gotten to the other side makes me feel better. Like I can actually stay sane in this crazy world. 

Nice thing was hubby was still a crab when we went to our Hideaway campground.  Dale (youngest boy) came out and we all had a nice talk.  One thing I can say about this family is we are all a bunch of talkers and talking is good.  Helps keep things all on the table.  Dale wants to go with some friends to Kentucky to a bike park.   We are going to let him go...he is really beginning to show some responsiblity by going to work everyday (ONE TIME) and staying out of trouble this summer.  Hopefully this will carry into next school year...he really needs to graduate on time.  He is actually a really cool kid, just needs guidence and what we have been doing seems to be working.  I have stopped living in the regrets of the past...we tried to get him to move in with us many times since he was 9...but it never worked out...I understand that this is God's plan for Dale and I think he will do ok.

Got some normal mom stuff to do today, even though it is Sunday.  Gonna read the paper first.  Next week starts my sights toward the school year and work.  I have a refresher class Tuesday.  And then the week after starts Orientation and bidding.  It will be nice to get back at it.  I love the summer, but I have always had this love affair with learning.  Plus I will have PEOPLE to talk to!  As you all can plainly tell I love to talk!  My job gives me so much freedom and I love to see what's been up with all these great kids that live in my town.  Again, I love you guys and thanks for being there.

 

ROSE 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a difference a day makes Rose!  You
sound much more positive today......August
is a wishy-washy month for me.....sad about
summer ending.....but look forward to relief
from the heat, kids back in school and approach
of my favorite season: Fall.

jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Oh I know how it is to miss work, and people to talk too. I have lots of the second now that we're in this beautiful place for 55 plus couples. The Town kids are blessed to have YOU in their lives, Rose. Glad today is a little better. Attitude is everything and you've got a great one. {{{{{{ROSE}}}}}

Anonymous said...

We are a family of talkers too...there isnt anything we do not discuss..we even hold family meetings those are my favorites!

Anonymous said...

I love sitting around and talking too. It's my favorite thing to do. And learning is wonderful too.

Anonymous said...

Well talking is great.  When I was married we never talked   john