Thursday, August 12, 2004

Here we go again...

Well here we go again, it's that time of year when all good boy's and girl's thoughts turn to the dreaded time of year....SCHOOL!  We actually don't start until September 1st, but in our household with 2 college boys preparations are a process ... you see here they have to finish work, get packed, go to school early to get ready to start school.  Big boy Tim, is 3 hours away, and he is in a frat so he has all these "responsibilities".  Also they did remodeling there this summer so 4 years (he's on the 5 year plan...ick his education will cost more than my house, thank God for divorce agreements) worth of stuff came home.  Mostly clothes.  He is ready to go back and honestly so am I.  I always have mixed emotions about his leaving, but this year I am in a better frame of mind and I know I will go out there to visit more this year.  I love his campus and the school is awesome.  Middle boy Eric is going about 1/2 hour away, but he won't be leaving for a couple of weeks.  Lucky for them their dad and step mom are taking them shopping for clothes, they both lost weight this summer, I mean like 20 pounds each so they need pants.  I have always been fortunate, or I mean they have, their dad has always been helpful in the money department, sorta sad though he has used money to get to them.  But I have learned that is their relationship with him.  Not my business.  Liz has to get a few more items for school and Dale who knows?, that kid is so hard on clothes, usually loses most of them, at least I can get away with cheap pants, you know the type buy one get one 1/2 price?...I am sure his mother will help out...that's her way, and I am still trying to contact the guy that does all their senior pictures, I need to get Dale done.  I have had this guy do all the boys, except Jeremy he was already graduated when I married his father.  They come out very well.  I guess he's been away all summer, but as always it will work out.

And as for me...I went to the refresher class and guess what no instructor.  We got show up pay (2 hours) and got to hang out and see part of my co-workers for about 45 minutes.  Wow they have hired about 10 new people.  I am looking for ward to going back .  It will be crazy for awhile, but I miss driving.  I miss the kids and I miss the routine.  I also miss the social outlet.  Most of the people are really deceit folks and I miss them. 

Well better get some stuff done and a shower, Mark wants to go riding and I need to find the long johns...still only in  60's here, but all is not lost August will be back by the weekend.:)

Love to all...rose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done partial school clothes shopping, what an expense that is...their father buys them some things but not nearly enough to even put a dent in anything.

Anonymous said...

Hey! How are you? I just get to kick back and watch all of you hustle for school supplies. Miss those days sometimes. Nah! Not really. lol I"m learning to enjoy myself and having time, finally, for Barb. love you.

Anonymous said...

I took one of my daughters school clothes shopping yesterday, and crawled away from the mall senseless and mute.  Aaagh.  The only jeans that would "do" were really expensive.  She is 12 but she's tall and grown-up so we shop in the adult sections.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll have some great
back-to-school-bus-driving-stories
when you get driving those little
rugrats again :-)
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl