Saturday, September 25, 2004

Another day in the never boring live of Rose....

Had to put the picture up as this is what the world around here usually looks like...but because of the chilly, weird summer weather the trees are as brown and dead as can be...about as brown and dead as my mood.  I caught some sort of funky bug from the little school kids or could be the bus drivers but I have been fighting a cold all week.  Today has been the worst...as I don't quite feel sick and I don't quite feel well either.  Oh well, hubby is on the war path...it's over due as he goes in streaks.  His son Dale got angry last week at school and punched a locker and now Mark and he are trying to figure out why Dale is so angry.  This will not be an overnight discussion as Dale is neary 18 and has been angry for a long time.  But it's part of the process they started a long time ago.  Both father and son can both be quite "trigger happy" as far as tempers and right now I am staying out of it.  I tend to make it worse.  Our parenting styles as far as our own children tend to be "take care of our own" kid as far as when the BIG issues come up.  It works out best for us.  We talk about it together, but ultimately it works best this way.  As I write this hubby is at work and we are still trying to figure this kid out.  I am beginning to think that this kid is going to have to learn life's lessons the hard way.  He is constantly saying that Mark yells at him (not true), and then calls his mom to complain about us.  She doesn't want him there, because he is too much trouble.  Ish!  I am giving this one to God and He'll help us figure it out!

This week went pretty well.  My kindergarteners are behaving.  The little guy that likes to stand up now has a cute little girl blocking him in his seat so he only stands up once in a while instead of changing seats all the time.  He loves the girls so that really helps me to drive and not  looking in the mirror all the time.  We have started singing as a way to keep track of the ride and these little stinkers are so smart for so young.  They already know the route and when I had an addition to the route they said, "bus driver you're going the wrong way!".  So cute.

Yesterday was filled with car wrecks, traffic jams and down power lines, and Thursday had a kid go to the neighbor's house instead of going straight home.  This lead to an hour neighborhood search by 4 different (including me) buses looking for this little 5 year old girl.  She finally showed up 45 minutes later after some kids selling candy tipped her off to the mass search efforts.  Never a dull moment in bus driver land.  For some reason the parents of this generation don't label their children or teach them their names, phone numbers or addresses.  Kids as old as 3rd grade have no idea where they live.  What's happened to this generation???  We have had more kids get on the wrong bus, get off at the wrong stop and even high school kids can't remember what bus to get on! 

Hopefully, today will calm down and I can have a peaceful weekend.  Going to head out to the camper and enjoy some quiet...for now going to do some housework.  Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo. That is what the trees look around our area, only they are hot pinks, oranges, gold. I think you're pretty smart to *stay out of it* with Mark and the kid. I know  a lot of families that seem to *take care of their own kids* in the marriage. Best plan is what you're doing, Rose, leaving it to God. Big hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo.....I'm sorry your neighborhood is not looking like that!  Yes, good idea to let the boys hash it out......I know all about those trigger happy tempers being married to one in the past (my now Ex)....hope everything works out...

~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl