Tuesday, September 7, 2004

What the heck did Florida do to tick off the weather???

What in the world did Florida do to merit such weather???  I mean didn't Charlie just blast through there???  My area of the world we get storms, tornadoes, rain, hail, snow, but man nothing like the wrath of Mother Nature!  My Father told me that he is lucky he didn't sell his house or he would have been in Charie's path...wow!  I feel so bad for these poor folks!   

Things are normal here, talked the college boys and seems Big Purdue boy had a better weekend.  Seems one of his old heart throbs came to visit...nothing like the attention of a cute girl to perk a guy up.  The other kid Working Junior College boy seems to be doing a-ok too.  BUT, Stepson who needs to get his act together came home from of course his old haunts and reported he dodged being taken to jail with his old pals.  Seems 2 of them are Jr Alcoholics and the other one has no brains.  No brains threw a firecracker in an elevator at Drunk boy's apartment complex.  The kid wasn't supposed to be there anyway because he had already done something in the past to ban him.  The police were called and all the lecturing we gave Dale over the past few months must have sunk in because he actually was honest with the police officers.  He had firecrackers but said he didn't do the deed, and he gave the police all the fireworks he had in his truck.  No brains boy admitted he did the firework stunt.  The police believed my stepson, but his pals weren't so lucky...all of them are in jail.  His old friend who has a very bad drinking problem (at 17) has been in a lot of trouble in the past and will problem be sent away.  His father is a drinker and lets this kid do whatever he wants.  Which drives me nuts!  How can a kid guess at how to do things in life, if his example is so rotten, which explains why the kid is the way he is!  I guess Mark and I aren't such jerks afterall...ahhh lifes lessons in action...I love it when all my nagging actually has an outcome in my favor...and at least my goofy kid knows enough to stay out of trouble, now if I can just get him to avoid these kids all together.  Which shouldn't been a problem now that they will be "doing time".  Kids!Angela Hovering With Pixie HarpThank God they have a guardian angel looking out after them!  Gotta go...it's gorgeous outside and me 2 doggies are looking to be walked!  Love you all.....rose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for floridians. I don't understand it. Andwhat they have this other storm on its way. Geeeez enough. One hurricane every ten years is too much for any one place but one a week? Man oh man. I feel bad for that 17 year old drinker. I feel bad for all kids like that. I'm glad your nagging worked. I nag all the time. I Hope my nagging works when it is needed. I hope they remember all I blabber about constantly. Hope you enjoyed your walk with the dogs. IT's almost time to go back to work. I give you alot of credit. I don't even like driving my kids to school nevermind everyone elses.

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for those living in Florida too. Imagine how they felt going back home to nothing. Even those who have enormous faith would be devestated. "*Nagging? If it helps kids remember, nag away. I thought a lot of what I said didn't penetrate. But once my kids grew up and had their own kids they viewed things differently
Take care..drive safely. Hugs.*Barb*

Anonymous said...

We people in Florida did nothing to tick off mother nature, but somebody has to take the wrath of Mother nature, I guess it's us. I am stranded in NY and want to go back home to Orlando to see what is left of my home.... Jessie

Anonymous said...

Florida has had enough......no more please!
let hurricane season be over soon!
~jerseygirl