Thursday, September 2, 2004

DAY 2 ... The test...school goes all day....

magicbus.gif - 16.25 K

Full school day today, the morning went fine, except I still have a mother that thinks it's ok for her little 3rd grade daughter to cross a busy street to prevent her from having to stay on the bus an extra 20 minutes.  People are so weird!  This year I refuse to drop kids off on the wrong side of this street...if she's so hip to the kid crossing the street she may as well have the kid walk to school, there's an even busy street there :).  Sheeesh

I am in one of those bratty moods where I want to stir up some action...but I better behave, too early in the school year to start messing with the new people.  Might freak 'em out.  I am the type of person that gets bored very easily.  Used to be that I would go look for trouble, but now a days I try to use my personality for 'good' rather than evil.  But with so many new people at work it is so tempting to be naughty.  I am not really naughty, I just like to tease people.  They can be so serious about life, and it just doesn't need to be that way.  Life is way too short to be so darn serious.

My stepson is really trying to drive my hubby crazy.  This kid came in 10 minutes late two nights ago, which means it was after 10 on a school night.  And last night it was 20 minutes late.  My husband is the type to make threats first, be rational later, but usually he is smart about it and vents to me and then doles out the punishment.  If it was up to me I'd just tell the kid he's in the house on school nights and can go to his mother's house and do what he wants on the weekends, but hubby won't go along with that.  He'll keep playing the game with this kid.  I personally quit playing games with the kids. But I like to let my hubby figure this out on his own.  He takes the kid's mistakes and testing personally.  I don't, having raised 4 boys before this one has desensitized me to all the B.S. that their little teenage minds can come up with.  Been there, lived through that!  But as with the other 4 they will find their way...some of them are still wandering around but they will hopefully get it before they get too old!  And then I get grandbabies!!  Oh yeah, I may get the grandbaby this weekend!  They were talking about coming by the campground and letting him play in the lake.  Yippeee!  He is getting so cute, he is a short little chubby guy and soooo funny.  Babies I love 'em!  Here's to a happy day!!!!  rose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{Rose}}}}}}}}}}
you sound stressed out......maybe you'll feel better when the little one comes
to visit........
hey, I like this bigger writing alot!  Much easier to read!
have a great day........smile!  (love your little bus graphic, too cute)
~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

I love that graphic!  Glad you had a good day. And I'm with you on the not letting the kid cross on the wrong side of the street.  Whose fault will it be when she gets hit????  

Anonymous said...

That mother of the 3rd grader is an idiot.  Little kids get hit by cars and busses all the time.

Cute graphic! :)