Friday, September 3, 2004

I'm full....

Whew I am really full.  Had a nice dinner with middle stepson and finance' Brandy.  She started teaching Math at the new high school and she still looks like she is IN high school.  She just graduated in 2000 and she is already teaching!  She just looks so darn young.  But she'll do great.  We sent her a plant and she was so surprised she told us she got goose bumps.  Made me happy.  They are getting married next summer and are building their house at the end of this year.  They have been together since high school when they were just 'babies', boy does time fly.  I had the pleasure of raising Matt since he was in 8th grade, he's turned out very well, thank you.  And he wants kids, so I get to be a GRANDMA again!  I gotta get a scanner or a camera so I can show off my family.  I'll put that on my dream list.  It was so nice to spend time with them.

Today was a long day.  I ended up getting called back in to do a midday.  It was so cute. The kindergarteners first day and they were so excited.  Their parents were taping us and taking pictures.  One even followed me in his van through the rest of my route!  But the kids were very good.  Although at the end of the day they couldn't find a kindergartener from another school, seems she got off at the wrong stop.  Poor driver is brand new and it took almost an hour to find this kid.  Thank God it's Friday or I think this poor girl would have quit after today.  But I always say what doesn't kill me will make me stronger.  I actually had an awesome day...I've learned a long time ago in my working of various jobs to just go with the flow...and make the best out of any situation.  I have had some pretty awful jobs in my lifetime, so with this job, which I adore I feel very blessed.  I am tired, and full, but happy!  :) Happy Friday!!!  Rose 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apolgizing for skipping you sometiems. Don't know what is going on with the alerts. i get some, then don't. I have too many to keep up with now. Any way, time does go by fast. Sounds like your family is doing well, and you are too. Now THAT makes me happy. Hugs, *Barb*

Anonymous said...

The kids on your bus are so lucky to have you, a bus driver who actually loves children. You are doing a very important job and I'd like to thank you on behalf of parents everywhere!  :)

Anonymous said...

my daughter says most of her teachers look like students. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for the other driver and the little girl. I'm glad it worked out.

~Heather