Sunday, September 5, 2004

Stayed home

We decided to hang out here at home this weekend.  The holidays tend to bring out the folks that like to overdo...you know the type the kind that start drinking after work on Friday night and don't sober up until Tuesday morning.  A lot of them like to camp at our campground so we try and avoid that crowd.  Reminds me of the old days...besides drunks act like idioits.

Yesterday I was out walking and went by my favorite house in my neighborhood.  You know the house, the one that "got away".  We looked at it 10 years ago, but it wasn't in the cards for us to buy it at the time.  As I am walking I hear "Hey Mary" I look up and it's a lady I know from my old job at the special ed co-op.  Her daughter went to homecoming with one of my kids.  She had my name wrong but that's ok, I do that all the time.  She invited me in and I was so happy for her...she is living in my favorite house and in a good neighborhood.  She's a nice lady, they have their troubles too, husband lost his job, they haven't sold their other house.  I told her God has a plan for her and that everything would work out....just as everything will work out for us too.  We went and got Mark's semi.  Brought it home to try and sell it.  There are some folks considering it....I know it will all work out as everything else has in my life.  I feel bad though the semi is beautiful, runs good (now!!!),but everything changes in life.   And sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. 

We have some yard work that we need to do, the bushes have gone nuts with growth with all the rain this season.  It's nice to hang out at home on the long weekend, although now we wish we would have gone to the Purdue game, they never have games on Sunday and there's one on right now!!!  Oh well, I would have had to yell at my goofy son if I was there.  I know he is just feeling the stress of being at college for the last year, but he really doesn't have to lose his mind over it!  EVERYTHING is a crisis to him.  He was fine all summer, but now he's at school and being goofy.   KIDS! I am glad though that none of them acted like I did, I was a very wild kid.  

Gotta go watch the game...with hubby. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Staying at home is wise when you know people are out drinking. They start early here too. It's tough getting rid of the semi. I feel for you but when it gets you down, hop on that gorgeous bike...and ride with the wind. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! Glad to be back, missed you!