Monday, September 6, 2004

Happy labor day

The next generation will not charge us for what we've done; they will charge and condemn us for what we have left undone.


-Mother Jones

I rarely talk about politics in my journal but I read a lot about the subject in many out there in j-land.  I often feel helpless to do much in this country.  We here at our household have been subject to many different government agencies.  Both Mark and I have been to family court many time over our children and their support, we have had to deal with the state and federal government concerning our semi truck, we have also had to deal with our local government in that they have very little vision for our once small town.  Building more and more subdivisions without thought to the past...our once small farming community has made way for house upon beige ( or some various shade of it ) house stuck together as far as the eye can see.  Gone are the beautiful old farm houses, with their red barns and silos, replaced by the Target, Home Depot and soon Super Walmart.  At times we feel helpless to secure our future in this little square of world we have put together for our family.  We feel helpless to try and teach our children the values that we hold dear when the very world they live in tells them they must consume more to be popular.  I guess my point is this is we must in our own little way be true to ourselves and seek to change what we can and do what we can to make a difference in this life, in our little worlds.  Mark chooses to make right the time he did not spend with his boys when they were little by working with them, connected to each of them and trying to guide them to become better men.  I have chosen to not only guide my own, but to try and make a difference in the life of all children I come in connect with.   That way I can go to bed at night knowing I did something to contribute to this big old world we all live in....hopefully something good.  Love you guys, take good care of yourselves!  Rose~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a terrific entry this is, Rose. If all of us would just do our best wherever we are it would make a huge difference. But too many people don't think that way. They forget the ripple effect.  Bless you, dear one. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I love this entry...making the difference in the life of a child.

Anonymous said...

Rose, I have enjoyed your journal today !

Anonymous said...

Ghandi said never to underestimate the power of a single person to change the world--in fact that it is the only way the world has ever been changed. Just do the best you can. :-)