Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Wow I just realized I haven't been here since Saturday!  My husband has been greedy with his time with me.  Makes me feel guilty if I am up here on the computer.  Saturday we went to the Sandwich Fair which is one of the biggest country fairs in Illinois.  It was so fun just to walk around and see all the sites and smells. AND to eat the foot long corndogs and drink the lemon shake ups.  Wouldn't be the Fair without them.  We spent a lot of time looking through the campers.  Then we came across Mark's kids.  They were there with my stepson's future in-laws.  It was a very enjoyable day.  Sunday we took the bike out to see my middle kid.  We caught up with him as he was leaving work.  He was his normal charming cranky self.  Whining about his car insurance.  So many problems for such a young man.  He shares an apartment with 3 other guys and it's located in the same block as the fraternities.  And there must of been a heck of party going on that weekend.  Dumpsters overflowing...wow college and beer...glad my kid doesn't have much time on his hands.  Plus his girlfriend will keep watch over him.  She is very anti drinking.  One less thing I have to think about. 

 The weekend was very good, and yesterday was a normal Monday except hot and I worked all day.  We are trying here at home to get the family together for meals, so far we made it last night.  Hopefully it will happen again tonight, but I forgot how much my husband cannot resist "picking" at my stepson's eating habits...brought back all the dinners of times past except with 5 less BIG boys!  Much calmer mealtimes.  I wonder how I did it back them feeding all those kids. 

Today though I am really tired.  I drove by one of my streets when I was doing my grade school route, luckily I was able to get turned around, but I ticked of a guy in Mustang.  He proceeded to let me know of his rage by blasting his horn at me.  I think he was one of my neighbors.  The guy's kind of a jerk anyway.  In times like that ... I always bless the person and say, "go in peace" and carry on.

I managed a quick nap a while ago, but I still feel sort of out of it.  I'll go take some vitamins maybe that will help.  Have a good day!  rose

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hub picks on my kids for being loud eatters and I pick on hub for being a loud eatter. How come I can chew quietly? I don't care who eats loud...so long as they eat. Nothing worse then cookingand nobody shows up. If my hub wanted me I'd never get online. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey you! How are you? Sounds like your life is humming along fairly well, with the normal ups and downs of life. Thought about you the other day for some reason, a lot, so just prayed for you and asked God to hug you tight. Wish I could. Love you so much. YOu've been such a terrific friend to me. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

"I think he was one of my neighbors.  The guy's kind of a jerk anyway.  In times like that ... I always bless the person and say, "go in peace" and carry on."

Good for you.  So much better than getting sucked into someone else's road rage.

Anonymous said...

glad to see ya back Rose.....let hubby be greedy with your time......always more fun than typing on a computer anyway!
~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

my dh hates the computer...I hide and write..