Wednesday, September 29, 2004

We had the safety meeting.  Oh course all the drivers that had the accidents (12 so far this school year...and that's only 3 weeks in ) were NOT in attendence.  Which is a bloody shame.  I know accidents can happen, but with this type of job the BIG guys look at whether or not they are preventable and ALL of them were.  These accidents are stupid errors, drivers going too fast, not paying attention, etc.  This will mean more training which can't hurt any of us, including me.

Made it home in time for our Homecoming Parade.  WOW we aren't just a little town parade anymore. 

Musical Notes Bubbling

Our band is beautiful with their new uniforms proudly marching by.  Our football program sports 3 different teams consisting of 4 levels, plus cheerleaders and poms.  My daughter walked for the drama department.  I should have we the bus drivers, but I love my parades...especially since they march right by my very home! 

It was so cute, kids yelling, "hey there's my bus driver!".  2 little girls I had last year, were saying,  "Rose we want you back!!".  Made me feel so proud!  I have a niche' in life and I feel so needed!  :).

Nite all!  Love Rose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to be appreciated, isn't it!  The kids are probably surprised to find out that you don't LIVE in the bus.

That's terrible that the drivers who did not attend the meeting were the ones who had the accidents.  I hope they have some sort of consequences.

Anonymous said...

How ironic that the ones who needed the meeting most were not there! sheesh!

It's nice to be needed,  sounds like the kiddies love ya!

~jerseygirl