Wednesday, September 1, 2004

Whooo hooo nobody left over at the end of the route!!

Well, it was finally the first day of school here, and what does dear old Rose do first thing???  Well, I drove right past the first street I was supposed to turn on....only lost 4 minutes and I got away with it because it was afterall the first day.  AND was it crazzzzzy !!!  We lost our normal dispatcher so alreay we had a handicap.  And then the beautiful new school is only housing 9th and 10th graders so the we have to send two buses to both schools in the same area.  And you would think that high schoolers would have the brains to remember what bus they got on in the morning.  We spent 1/2 hour at the high school because all the kids couldn't figure our where they want and of course everybody was late.  And then the poor grade school kids couldn't figure out what bus they were supposed to get on either, or better yet they didn't get off at their stop.  My morning 'mind blip' was my only problem.  I have really cool junior high and high school kids.  My grade school route is very small mostly a group that go to a day care and those kids are tattle talers, but I already got the "NICE bus driver" stamp of approval by a 5th grader.  So I guess I pass the first day test.  I just love kids, I look at them as my own, or better yet like grandkids, I can spoil them and then send them home.  I also have a late route after the normal one for the alternative school kids, there's only 3 and who every has to stay after for detention.  So I will get extra hours for that and not have to do a kindergarten route.  Hubby wanted me to do a kindergarten route, but I said that I would only do that if he helped with cooking, shopping and cleaning, so he said.....ok just sub.  When the kids are older I'll do it, but I need to be here...to keep this house together, plus keep my sanity...or what's left of it!  All and all it was a great day...Liz looked so cute too, she had a little (NOT TOO SHORT) skirt and cute top on, with these cute pink ballet shoes.  My BABY is growing up!!!!!  I am lucky because I leave in the morning before she is up and about, but I get to see her walking home from the high school.  

So...more later...it's good to be back!  Rose~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten how important the school bus driver is to school kids!  What a great entry.

Anonymous said...

Cute graphic. The children that ride your bus are blessed, Rose. I recall some drivers that were not that great with my children or grandchildren. Take care and have a great day.Hmm, sounds as if you already did. lol  Hugs, my friend. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all had a good first day.  You must have a really good heart, and a lot of patience to drive a school bus.  You must be really cool!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on surviving the first day. My kids go back next week.  The 15-year-old is MORTIFIED about riding the bus still.   I remember when they were little...getting on the wrong bus....forgetting which stop to get off at....one time the older one (the one that's now 15) wet her pants on the bus.  She was in 2nd grade at the time. I haven't reminded her of that incident, and it was so traumatic that I think she's blocked it out.....lol

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see my daughter walking out of that hs i get all choked up. It's nice sending them off and coming home to a quiet house. I had that for a few years. But then I had a surprise so now I come home with a little one following behind me.