Friday, September 10, 2004

Sun flower clipart picture

Today would have been a perfectly wonderful day had I just not come home.  I really wanted to go out to eat...we have some of those gift cards and I just wanted to go out...it's been a long week ... BUT when I called home Mark's like, "I'd have to take a shower and shave."  Which in men speak means I don't want to.  I said fine, finished up at work went into the office and listened to this girl Jody get yelled at by one of the bosses.  Jody is a little high strung and she and the boss clash so I think they just clashed together...a fine ending to a long week at the transportation department.  On a high note, all the principals agreed we are doing a fine job.  Great.  Also, if I wanted to get into a one upmanship with the hubby, last Friday I was tired, in sweats and falling asleep and just because his kid wanted to out to eat at 8 pm we went...I didn't even get ask if I want to...very aggravating...BUT I was good and never mentioned this...why start a fight...

So I come home and all I here is, Liz did this, liz didn't do that...blah blah...so I say, "you know what I just really don't want to talk to you tonight."  So we didn't and he went to bed at 8:30.  Ah silence it won't last though...Mark can never last...but at least I didn't have to listen the constant complaining about MY kids...we learned along time ago in a remarriage situation it's impossible to be fair...so we aren't ( and anybody who pretends to do it is nuts or lying) .... it's just that since my kids are less likely to get into trouble they get "picked" on for all the little stuff and held to a higher standard by dear old hubby.  Oh well, I signed onto this so it's what I get...

Also, daughter drove at school today and she did excellent...so happy, she said her teacher was really good, which is good for $100 he better be good.  My instincts were better to get the teacher to get her started, then she will be better off driving with me. 

Not much else going on ... she need to gripe a bit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to have a safe place to vent your feelings?

Anonymous said...

I have found that Friday nights is when everyone is most tired around my house.  As the "family cook", I would LOVE to have a break and go out to eat every single Friday night.  As the family breadwinner, hubby would rather just crash on the couch on a Friday night.  Anyways.  I'm sure blended families do have their challenges at times, as all families do.

My daughter got her permit yesterday, so I took her to a parking lot to drive around.  This was  her first time; she wasn't even sure which was the gas pedal and which was the brakes.  So I figured I'd better give her a couple of lessons before she has her "real" instruction....lol