Saturday, December 4, 2004

all's quiet

It's all quiet here and I like it that way.  I really need some silence away from the family to recharge a bit.  Mark is in one of his moods where the world is dark to him and nobody can do anything right (in his opinion).  He started in on me yesterday and it didn't end last night either.  When I got home from work he didn't want to go to the Christmas Walk.  I tried to get out by myself, which wouldn't have bothered me, but NO he had to go ... and it was not fun, he ran through all the sites like he ususally does.  And then wondered why I wasn't happy.  Then when it came time for the  best part which I love is the silent fire truck parade.  They changed the time and I had the map to the parade route, which they promptly changed come the time for the parade.  It was supposed to come by my house but it went a block up and I missed it :( .  Oh well, I guess that was the ending to a cruddy evening.  The only saving grace was the bbq'ed chicken I had from a vendor ... that was yummy.

Mint Line

I am used to being disappointed at times in my life, I don't take it personally or blame anybody (God) anymore.  It's just life sometimes, and if I want to be part of the human race I have to learn how to move on.  I am not sad or angry, just a bit disappointed but I'll be alright.  Hopefully, Mark will snap out of his mood.  I understand why he is feeling down.  His kid still hasn't called him, and he  really gets upset with his kid's behavior.  They have been raised to be rude, and self centered, and uncaring.  One of them had his pay check here and never bothered to call or show up.  This is the same kid that didn't call off work when he was sick, just parked his car at the train station for 3 hours and slept, while his brothers were frantically looking for him.  They all work together including my hubby, so they do get to spend time together without the control of their mother.  It's so sad that a woman could be so jealous of her former husband that she would try to interfer with their relationship with their own father.  I guess it happens all the time.  Very sad.

Well, I am off to wander around my house I am going to put up some Christmas decorations today...so that will make me happy.  I have come to learn we make our own happiness...and when we do it wears off on the people around us...

Have a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd stop in and visit. I'll be back. I have a brother that lives in Ill.
Thanks for stoping by my place. Hope to see you there again.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

You're right Rose, you do the best you can do and make happiness for yourself, hopefully it will rub off on the others....{{{{Hugs}}} to you...~JerseyGirl