Wednesday, December 22, 2004

He's here! He's here!!!

Annoucing the arrival of Dakota Charles

Little Kody was born yesterday around noon.  Mark, Liz and I went up to the hospital to see the little cutie last night.  I would have to say he's the most beautiful baby I have ever seen...even prettier than my own!  Really I am not just saying that either...he is a very pretty baby!  Lots of black hair (pointed head but that's normal!), and he makes all those cute baby noises.  Perfect little cute nose.  Little sweet face.  He didn't even cry when the nurse did a blood test!  Lucky for him he's good because big brother Jacob thinks he's a "kitty" and I was told by his mommy that Jacob pets him when he sees him.  Of course Jacob is only 18 months so mom and dad have their hands full...but they are doing great and very happy.  After a while another friend of theirs came.  She also has children...we both kept remembering our own children's births...I still remember looking in my childrens little eyes and thinking, "I made this wonderful creature"!

On to some more great news...My Purdue boy Tim went to where he worked summers in college and they made him a job offer...a very great  offer...which would mean he would stay here, the job has great benefits, and is very close by...and when he moves out he will still be close by.  I am glad about that...I really like the kid...and he gets along well with my hubby.  He graduates in May...so all those years of school will be rewarded.  I am so happy!

So with all this happiness I am feeling the blessings of the season...the true grace of God...that all things do work out for the Good who love the Lord.  My fears, my freaking out, my worrying...is all given to God.  THE only one in charge...I always will be taken care of...my gift yesterday...was so beautiful...I felt so accepted by my stepson and his wife...I truly am a grandma and best of all my husbandis a grandpa...hopefully this will help him let go of the years of anger he has toward his first wife.  Hopefully, by our example she will loosen the hold she has on her boys and the grandchildren...I have chose to look at all this with a positive attitude...my whole life...I am so blessed and the best is yet to come...

God loves you...just like my old favorite Angel, Monica on touched by an angel used to say...

And truly that is all that matters.

So gang, I am off of school/work for the Holiday...this year they are paying us like they do teachers, so my checks will be still the same, and that is a wonderful feeling...after years of not getting paid unless I worked, again I AM BLESSED.  Mark is working and although it's very cold I am covered by the one who Loves me BEST.

Make it a wonderful day all, and remember to look for the best in your loved ones, and most of all the best in yourself...because we truly do only pass this way once, and we need to savior every beautiful moment.

 

                    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrads...

very nice entry. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby. You sound like a proud grandma. Baby's are a real blessing.
I'm glad all is going well for you. Enjoy your family.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

The little one sounds just lovely!  Congratulations!  Enjoy the time off.  I could just kick myself for forgetting Tulip's bus driver. I thought about it two or three weeks ago, and then all my finals and headaches came and I forgot.  Then the last day of school I was waiting at the bus stop, and the second Tulip was exiting the bus I looked up at her driver and remembered.  Ugh! I have to remember Feb. 14.

Take care Rose and Merry Christmas.