Tuesday, December 7, 2004

RAiN!

Reindeer Wreath SwingIt's rainy and the rain is making huge puddles.  Everything is one muddy mess.

Hubby worked yesterday, but is home today because of the weather.  He hurt his back yesterday helping some High School girls that flipped their car on it's side.  I guess they were ok, but shook up.  I think he just strained his back and with rest today he will be fine tomorrow.   There has been a lot of fender benders, because people drive so carelessly.  It's sad how folks are in such a hurry.  Why do we have to be in such a hurry...for what???  All we do is get closer to our end...and if you ask me I am not in a big hurry to go anywhere anytime soon.

I have been making blankets for the grandbabies.  It's relaxing and plus I feel like I can give them part of me for a gift.  Most of the yarn was my mother's so they will get part of her too. 

Time to go vacuum...bye!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about careless drivers. It rained here yesterday. I almost hit some one twice. Looks like to me if it's pouring rain and foggy , you'd have you lights on. Not these crazy's. I grew up in IN, I know how to drive in most weather conditions. These people here don't have a clue. They say if you want accidents in OKC " Just add Water " lol
Hand made gifts are always the best. They will appreicate them for many years.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love what you said about getting apart of your moms yarn. My grandmother gave me all her left over yarn when she died. It was a bag in her closet and it said to give it to me. : )
I only made one baby blanket and gave it to my brothers first child when he was born. It's a rainy muddy mess here too. Becareful on your afternoon run.

Anonymous said...

I often wonder the same thing. Guess it doesn't matter where one lives. People are always hurrying. I live in Oregon but think the best drivers are in TEXAS. We drove big-rigs for three and a half years and practically lived in Texas. Went through there a lot during the night, on holidays, during rush hour, in traffic jams and when there has been a wreck. Never did we see rudeness. People were so polite and kind to one another. There are good drivers everywhere but the ones there are memorable. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

your husband was wonderful helping those girls. I am glad I live in a small town where no one is in a hurry. We be snowing here. Love your reindeer!

Anonymous said...

I love your holiday colors.  Hope your hubby's back is feeling better.  I hate snowy and icy roads..they are so dangerous.

Anonymous said...

oh blankets for grandbabies, that is a perfect gift.  I wish so bad that my mother was more of that kind of grandmother.  
I hope they will cherish them i kno' i would
bless you always