Friday, December 31, 2004

the end of 2004

 

Well it's the end of 2004 and I must say this has been quite a year...I had kids coming and going so much that I can't keep track of the moves...but at least they didn't bring wives and kids so with them!!!  

Here's the news clip regarding my stepson:

Man injured, another charged in stabbing at bar

sun news services

OSWEGO — A Naperville man remained hospitalized Wednesday after being stabbed by a patron in a bar fight early Tuesday morning, Oswego police said.

D J, 37, of Naperville, an employee at The Cantina Bar and Grill, was stabbed at about 12:20 a.m. at the bar, on the 2700 block of Route 34, police said.

E A, 21, of  Oswego, has been charged with three counts of aggravated battery and three counts of armed violence in the stabbing, police said.

J was cut and was bleeding profusely from a wound in the upper torso, police said.  was taken to Rush-Copley Medical Center in Aurora, where he was good condition Wednesday afternoon, hospital officials said.

A and two other men were slightly injured in the incident, police said.

J W, 23, of Oswego, and James Gossett, 25, of Aurora, suffered knife wounds on their hands but did not require hospitalization, police said.

Police have not released the cause of the fight, which is under investigation. Additional charges are possible, police said.

12/30/04  

      I used intials to protect the innocent...which I know is public knowledge but anyway...this article brought a couple calls from my dear loved ones...first was my ex via my son with the newspaper article which by the way is suitable for framing, then came the call from my father, who didn't return my call at Christmas, but had to call for this juicy piece.  Dad's doing ok after his surgery he had in November aided by a lot of pain killers.  I jokely told him that I would stage his intervention shortly.  Next came my middle brother, he was quite drunk of course lately that is the only way he calls me...after listening to him tell me that he knew the kid that did the stabbing because he and his father came into the gas station he works at.  This kid swears up and down he was jumped by these guys and that he was trying to get his construction knife out of his pocket because it was stabbing him...I got sick of listening to my brother say the "f" word every other word and said "gotta go"... Which brings me to this...after all the years my father and brother went through watching me be the drunk in the family how could they both behave just like I did...you know like the sister with "the problem"???   My brother has had a couple of DUI's been to treatment, been to AA, but I guess the insanity of the disease was too strong.   So I sit here and watch my family do their thing....happy in the knowledge that I will wake up tomorrow knowing exactly what I did last night...and pray that they too have that moment of clarity where they ask God to restore them to sanity...   So gang you all be safe tonight, be grateful we live in a land where we have choices, where we try everyday to do the right thing...I am truly grateful for you all...you have been a God sent.  You are here when I am sad, happy, crazy, whine...whatever.  You taught me what friends are for and that there are truly awesome people in this world.  Love you guys!   Peace!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I couldn't find your journal again but here I am and your on alert, no more slippin by me again :o) Wow, looks like you've had some "excitement" going on in your neck of the woods. I hope everything turns out alright. I have a brother, I rarely speak too because of his drinking <he's the mean nasty type of drunk> So I understand how difficult dealing with alcoholism is. Take care and thank you for visiting my journal. I always appreciate it and am happy to have found your journal again!!!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I have a bad brother,lucky me, LOL I have them as inlaws too

Have a safe and Happy New Year...

Anonymous said...

You really have had some excitement this year. I hope the comming up year is nothing but happiness.
Say a little prayer for me tonight. I am working. If I get off on time I'll be driving around midnight. I always worry on this night . I don't drink , but there is a lot of people out there that do.
Have a safe New Years.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too, Rose. Stay safe. It is our Anniversary today..our 31st, as you know. We'll be staying in. Too many crazies out there tonight. Hugs. *Barb*