Thursday, December 23, 2004

not a creature was stirring

I am becoming much more excited about the holiday...tomorrow Mark and I will brave the crowds and go gift shopping.  We have some ideas so that's a plus.  He has NEVER gone with me before...it was always left up to me...maybe this last minute stuff will work out??!!

I finished Jacob's blanket and wow is it warm!  I love making blankets...it's a winter time hobby that keeps your legs warm while you are working.  It's very cold here minus something with the wind chill...once it gets past 0 it doesn't matter the actual temperature...it's just plain cold!

I am no longer freaking out about money or work or lack...today I have all I need...my cute warm kitty curled up in my lap, my daughter talking religion to one of her guy friends on the phone, my boys are home ( will sort-a they are actually out at the moment), my hubby sleeping on the couch.  Jim stopped by, I raised this kid since he was 14 and now he is a man of 25...today I gave him a big hug and said hey Jim good to see you!  My stepsons aren't real good with hugs, or warmth...their mother isn't real warm...but I love them all and need to show it. 

Dale also "dropped" by, I am sure he saw Jim at the bank and figured it was safe to stop by.  I am sure he thought we would yell at him...he's been with his mother for 5 weeks...he got a different car, which is insured by his brother, so I can cancel his insurance...of course no one at that house bothered to tell us...he also told us he hasn't paid his bank loan because the payment book is here...I guess when he made his "great escape" he forgot the important things.  Then he said, "what do you guys want for Christmas?"  It was all I can do to not say, "$270 for your phone bill would be good", Mark said he almost said, "same thing we are getting you...nothing."  You'd have to know the humor in this household to really understand us.  With so many people we have to be crazy to survive!!!  And humor is always the best way to deal with life in general.

I guess their Mother (Mark's ex) is having Christmas tomorrow on Christmas eve and then going to Jeremy's for Christmas, which is perfect...we can see the babies for Christmas eve...I like that tradition...because for me take out Chinese and relaxing is what I am doing for Christmas...too many years I spent pleasing others...so this year I am pleased to announce the new Rose...and boy is she a happy Rose!

Night all...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I love them all and I need to show it." How sweet that's a really moving portion from your entry...awww...
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

The gift of love, of touch is awesome. It really goes a LONG way. Merry Christmas, Rose. You sound happy and full of contentment. I love knowing you're doing so well. Happy Holidays. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

It's always a blessing to see people you haven't seen in a while. Enjoy.
R.C.