Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Another good day

Good Evening all...

Today was a wonderful day...I worked for over 5 hours and we still didn't finish our project so I will work again on Thursday.  God truly is blessing us with me getting the extra work.  Plus Mark worked today also...We had a scare though, Mark's son Jim is 25 and he still thinks the party life is the way to go...he was in his favorite bar last night when a guy who was angry for being kicked out earlier pulled a knife stabbed the owner and cut Jim's hands up ... they both are ok, but his idiot is getting charge with attempted murder...I guess Jim held the guy until the police came.  Hopefully this will be an eye opener for Jim...but as I know full well the best lessons in life are learned by experience.

This Bible verse fits me perfectly...

2Corinthians 4:17-18:  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal

...Hmmmmmm.  You know  I have always had issues with lack...growing up without alot of things I looked toward things to make me feel better...but they never did...now I see why money is what God is using to get my attention...sure I could do what I always have done blamed my husband, work night and day, borrow from my father...(which I never pay back), but on I must fix my eyes on the unseen, and trust that mighty voice that is inside me...which is the voice of God.

As I said today was a good day, I got to spend it with a girl who survived cancer not once but twice, the very cancer that took her own mother.  Friends don't come easy for me...I have many casual friends, but I really am not a very good friend...I tend to be a loner...maybe God will do something about that...you never know...

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rose I'm so glad Jim is alright. God really does know what will get our attention, doesn't He? You might be a loner but you've been a terrific friend to me, hon. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great day. I hope tomorrow is the same.
Have a great day.
R.C.