Saturday, December 18, 2004

alls quiet on the home front

ani_snow003  We had a bit of snow this evening...way too cold with the wind chill to go out and enjoy the town's Christmas light display, maybe tomorrow evening. 

 

ani_trees019

Today, I went out to the stores...got some more yarn, and bought a  few items to eat, stopped by my favorite health food store for some of my favorite tea.  At first I was upset by the rotten drivers, but then I decided to just lay back and observe the Crazy people.  I won't be able to do any real shopping until Thursday night...pay day for Mark so ... and if I have to be out there he's going with me!  Although I pretty much know what I need to get...thankfully nothing too extreme.

My oldest is coming home Sunday, finals are over, but he's having problems with the emergency brake sticking on his truck.  He'll figure it out...afterall he's a Engineering Major!

Eric called and told me he's feeling better.  I guess his father still thinks he should be in school...you would think after failing two different times in two different schools that school is not a wise choice.  My ex has always lived in some sort of fantasy land...(you know where fairies live and everything is perfect)...which is very unfair to the boys.  Eric is perfectly happy working at Menards.  One of the Asst. Managers there just got a very large bonus check...what's wrong with that???

It still amazes me how my ex and Eric's ex girlfriend think they are helping by trying to run Eric's life.  They both would rather run others lives than look at their own.  I've been there done a whole lot of that!  After years of therapy, treatments, religion, chanting, praying, begging, looking inward, medicating, I have finally come to the place where I finally accept myself for what I am today...not an easy process, but I know that I will never be perfect..just a wonderful work in progress.  And trust me it's much easier to control my own life, and let others (including my own children) live their own lifes.  I would never had learned a thing had I not experienced my own stuff...I would never try and take that away from my own kids.  I love them too much.

Tonight was a great evening.  Mark and Liz sat and unknotted the mess I made of my new yarn and rolled into a ball for me.  I got lectured about how his mother always rolled her yarn and he helped her.  We all watched the movie "Remember the Titans".  I love that movie.  Liz commented that the girls finally out number the boys!  It was a very nice night.

clip_relgious008

Found out also that if my daugher in law does not have her baby by Tuesday the will induce her.  She's not overdue, I guess mothers today don't wait for nature anymore!  But that's cool, because then we can go up and visit Tuesday night.  I am so excited!  Hopefully, this baby will bring my husband and his ex on better terms...you never know this baby could be a Christmas Miracle!

Night all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great evening. You desirve it. I know the letting the kids live their own lifes. Life is much simpler that way.
R.C.