Saturday, December 18, 2004

 

ani_globes016

 

Well it's Saturday and everybody's gone.  Mark's at work, Liz is a at a speech meet and Eric went back to his apartment.  The doctor did a blood test and no strep or mono...(mono makes me laugh...it's the kissing disease!).  He went back to his apartment, because that is his home now and he can rest there.  Isn't it funny how our kids grow up and make their own lives and learn how to take care of themselves?  I think it's wonderful...especially since when mine grow up and I am no longer responsible, I can enjoy my time with MARK...we have always had kids and rarely had time alone.  Thankfully we both "like" each other...and our day will come...it's so wonderful to have a mate that you can share your life with.

That is how I know that with God I can conquer all my lifes difficulties.  I look back at my past...as a kid all I wanted was friends, and only found a few...I wanted a good marriage and had a cheating husband, after my divorce I tried to meet the wrong kind, who I could never change.  I wanted a happy life and only found myself drunk, lonely and scared.  But God changed all that...He changed me...

I stopped trying to run my life and I got all I wanted and much much more...I got sober, I got beautiful children, a soul mate who loves me, a wonderful home, job and life...I got me back....The beautiful child of God who deserves nothing but the best!

The difficulties I face today...are just that ... a part of life that I must go through to be changed...to be molded into the person that God would have me to be so that I can be ready for His wonderful blessings....God truly is an awesome God.

My life is proof of that!

Anyway, life is good, Christmas is coming and this is my favorite part.  Mark and I watched Rodulph last night, my kindergartener's are singing Jingle Bells in one big long drawn out loop. The lights of the cities are beautiful and I even enjoy watching the crazy people hurrying around trying to shop...ani_houses006

 

For me I know the secret that Christmas isn't about stuff, or shopping or parties...it's about LOVE...

ani_religious001

and for me that's all that matters...

Have a safe and wonderful weekend...

 

 

 ani_angel020   Baby count down....he's not   

              here yet!                          ani_angel023           

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your son isn't bad sick. I hope he feels better soon.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

I love all your entries but the best ones are  those that sing of your gratitude to the Lord. Your happiness shines through every typed word. Merry Christmas. Rose. As the saying goes, "Youve come a long way, baby." Hugs and much love.
*Barb*

Anonymous said...

This is a really great entry. Christmas is about love sometimes, even for moments I know I can forget that part. I can't remember ever having time alone with my hub. We've had kids pretty much since we began. And when there is a chance to have time alone I suppose one of us are sleeping. You are a pillar of strength, it takes more strength then most have to get sober. My dad died of it. It wasn't a pretty site and he was so young..only 57. You are an inspiration to me. I just love your attitude and how you write and how honest you are. And your discription of your laundry mat experiences was so funny and true.