Thursday, December 2, 2004

Snowy Snowman

whooo hooo hubby went back to work and will possibly be working for the rest of the week including Saturday.  Praise God for that!  There's hope for Christmas yet.

Mark's son Dale is still not speaking to us and he's still at his mother's.  I have heard rumors that he hates the drive, but as they say, you reap what you sow.  Mark had sent his ex a letter stating he didn't think he should have to continue to pay for Dale's car insurance which she promptly sent a nasty email with a copy stuck in the mailbox for good effect.  The woman doesn't upset me anymore.  I've had years of her insanity and besides Dale's 18, and I was never married to her, Mark was, so he fired off an email which in a nutshell told her that he'd foot the bill for the insurance until Dale graduated and that she needed to get over her hard feelng as she was the one who divorced him.  Hmmmm that seems to shut her up as no response has come back.  It finally occurred to me that this is not my problem...but Marks.  Duh!  It only took me 10 years and the last kid to grow up!  Besides the 2nd gradbaby is due any day and I am sure she  has plans to take over that kids life as well.  Fine with me then I get Jacob the big brother!! 

This was a long day filled with me walking the mile back and forth to work as our truck is sitting in the driveway ... tore apart by my sweet hubby.  Oh well the weather is balmy and I needed the exercise.  I had to take home 5 kids from the alternative school which is fine, except one said, "can you get me home by 4:30, my video surveillance starts then and if I get caught outside my house I am in trouble."  I guess this is his deal he made with the judge to get out of the crimes he commited.  At least this kid is trying.  2 of them were little guys of 14 and 12 and they were trying to see which was tougher.  Tougher meaning, "let's stop by that gas station bus driver so we can steal some cigerattes."  Ish...so young and yet so worldly.  And one of them was  a cops son.  It so hard for me to judge, because as they say, "but for the grace of God go I"...my children could have been there too.

My son Eric told me today that he's done with college for now and is looking to apply for a assistant Managers job at Menards where he works.  Good for him, at least he's making some decisions.  I am proud of him and told him so.

Well I am up way past my bed time.  night all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like his reply to the ex. That was very good. Sucks you had to walk to work and that's great about the work. My hub has had a lot of jobs called off in the past few weeks..past four weeks it sucks. So I know that feeling. Stay warm!